Looking for Faith Lutheran Preschool? Click here.
Bible References to be Memorized
Memory work is to be memorized and ready to be recited in class on the date noted below.
(33) Romans 3:20 – Through the law we become conscious of sin.
(34) John 3:16 – God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
(71) Matthew 22:37 – Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
(104) Psalm 50:15 – Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.
(111) Matthew 11:28 – Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
(147) Acts 5:29 – We must obey God rather than men!
September 6 – Labor Day Weekend – NO CLASS)
(169) Ephesians 4:32 – Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
(174) Hebrews 13:4 – Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.
Jr. High Rally at Camp Lakeview—$50/person by August 31
September 20 – Church Picnic – NO CLASS
(198) Matthew 7:12 – In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.
(207) Luke 6:37 – Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned.
October 4 – Fall Break – NO CLASS
(213) Matthew 15:19 – Out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.
(224) Psalm 37:4 – Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
(232) Romans 6:23 – The wages of sin is death.
(242) Isaiah 64:6 – All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags.
(279) Hebrews 11:1 – Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
(284) Psalm 19:1 – The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
(345) Psalm 139:13 – You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
(367) Psalm 145:15, 16 – The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food at the proper time. You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing.
(410) Colossians 2:9 – In Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form.
(420) Hebrews 2:14 – Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death‑‑that is, the devil.
(422) Mark 10:45 – The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.
(440) 1 Corinthians 15:3 – Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures.
November 22 – Thanksgiving – NO CLASS
(484) 1Timothy 1:15 – Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners‑‑of whom I am the worst.
(522) Matthew 24:44 – You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
(556) 1 Corinthians 12:3 – No one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.
(605) Colossians 1:18 – [Christ] is the head of the body, the church.
(636) Ephesians 1:7 – In [Christ] we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.
(681) John 10:27, 28 – My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.
December 20 & 27 – Christmas Break – NO CLASS
(701) 1 John 5:14 – This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
(721) Hebrews 4:16 – Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
(742) Colossians 1:13, 14 – He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
(764) Romans 8:28 – We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
(768) Acts 17:28 – In Him we live and move and have our being.
(789) Psalm 130:3, 4 – If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.
(802) Proverbs 1:10 – My son, if sinners entice you, do not give in to them.
(814) 2 Corinthians 12:9 – My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.
(833) Matthew 28:19, 20 – Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
(839) Acts 2:38, 39 – Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children.
(849) Galatians 3:27 – All of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
(853) Titus 3:5 – He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
(872) Romans 6:3, 4 – Don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
(878) 1 John 1:8, 9 – If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
(892) Matthew 9:2 – Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.
March 13 – Spring Break – NO CLASS
(894) John 20:22, 23 – [Jesus] breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”
(906) Ephesians 4:11 – It was [Christ] who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers.
(914) Galatians 6:1, 2 – Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
(926) 1 Corinthians 10:16 –The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? [NKJV]
No memory work
8th grade only
Fellowship Program – Saturday, April 23, 5 pm
Confirmation – Sunday, April 24, 10:30 am